Tuscan Wine & Food Tasting Lunch
Tuscany is “A land to drink in, to inhale, to savor with all the senses.”
Join us on a sensory journey through which you will experience the colors and flavors of the Tuscan countryside through the sight, smell, taste, and touch of her wines.
Discover the magical process that converts grapes into wine. Explore the characteristics that the wine takes directly from its climate and location. Taste the influence that the winemaker has on the final product through his or her choices during the production process.
The wine tasting will be accompanied by some of Tuscany’s most noteworthy and unique products as well as some of our most traditional dishes, including recipes that have been passed down through the generations of Monica and Simone’s families.
We invite you to get to know Florence (and Tuscany) through its food and wine. Our culinary traditions are just as important to our culture and identity as the masterpieces of art and architecture that surround you in our beautiful city.
TUSCAN TASTING EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Demetra Hostaria is a small restaurant, hosting a maximum of 25 people, in the very center of Florence, nestled in behind the Bargello Gallery.
- The ambience is both rustic and eclectic creating an intimate setting where you will be welcomed by the owners, Simone and Monica.
- Your tasting experience will introduce you not only to some of Tuscany’s best and most typical wines but also to some of its finest food specialties.
- Your host will guide you through the various phases of wine production and the decisions that are made in the winery that ultimately influence the final product that you will taste.
- Tuscany has a long history of wine production dating back centuries and a fascinating microclimate where unique grape varieties thrive.
- As part of the experience, you will taste some of Tuscany’s award winning olive oil. Just like wine, not all olive oil is made equal. Each oil is influenced by the terrain, climate and the season in which it is produced.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Tasting of five wines from different areas of Tuscany
- Each wine will be paired with a Tuscan tasting plate (each plate will introduce you to one of Tuscany’s traditional dishes or products)
- Taste some of Chianti’s best extra virgin olive oil
- Explanations of each wine, their origin and characteristics
- Water & coffee
Price: €69 adults (Infants free, 3-12 yrs €30, 13 – 17 yrs €45)
Availability: Tuesday to Saturday at 1:00pm
Duration: Approximately 2 hours