More than just a cooking class, our Tuscan Cooking Experience goes one step further. Join the owners of the restaurant on a walk around Florence’s local food market to select fresh, seasonal produce. Not only shopping, a visit to the market gives you a firsthand, in-person look into local life and culture in Florence.
On our short walk back to the restaurant we will talk about the ingredients we have chosen and the menu that we will prepare together. Our (restaurant’s) philosophy focuses on tradition and getting back to the roots of authentic Florentine cuisine. As such, we will share some of the recipes passed down through generations of our family. Furthermore, we will give you insights into the cooking techniques that with respect to tradition enhance and highlight the quality and flavors inherent in the ingredients.
Together we will prepare a four course meal; appetizer, handmade pasta, main course and dessert. The menu will be based on seasonal traditions and the availability of fresh produce.
After all of your ‘hard’ work, sit down, relax and savor the fruits of your labor. Enjoy your four course lunch with a selection of traditional Tuscan wines.
TUSCAN COOKING EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
Demetra Hostaria is a small restaurant, hosting a maximum of 25 people, in the very center of Florence, nestled in behind the Bargello Gallery.
- Demetra Hostaria is a small restaurant, in the very center of Florence, nestled in behind the Bargello Gallery. You will have exclusive use of the restaurant during your cooking experience and lunch.
- The ambience is both rustic and eclectic at the same time creating an intimate setting, where you will be welcomed by the owners, Simone and Monica.
- One of the highlights of cooking in Italy is making pasta from scratch. We will of course select types of pasta that are traditional in Tuscany together with their accompanying sauces.
- Tuscan cuisine is delicious but very rarely featured on Italian menus around the world. Cuisine is as much part of a city’s or region’s cultural identity as is art or architecture. Delve a little deeper into Tuscan and Florentine heritage through what was typically served at the table.
- During lunch you will taste a selection of local wines, paired to the dishes you have prepared, as well as award winning olive oil.
- Small group experience with a maximum of 10 participants.
What is included
- Visit the oldest fresh food market in Florence
- Prepare lunch together with the chef/owners of the restaurant
- Learn how to make an appetizer, handmade pasta, meat course, and dessert
- Understand how cuisine differs from region to region in Italy
- Enjoy your four course lunch with a selection of local wines
- Water and coffee
Price: €95 adults (Infants free, 3-12 yrs €45, 13 – 17 yrs €75)
Availability: Tuesday to Saturday at 9:00am
Duration: Approximately 5 hours