Florentine Steak Dinner
When dining out in Italy the first thing to understand is that there is really no such thing as Italian Food. In fact, Italy didn’t even become a country until the unification of its 20 regions in 1861. For this reason, Italians, and especially Florentine’s are still, even today, very much connected to and proud of their regional culture and of course cuisine.
Our authentic Florentine dining experience will take you back in time to the origins of some of Florence’s most renowned dishes. To the tables of the nobleman and peasants alike. To the courts and banquets hosted by the Medici. And to the tried and true favorites of some of our greatest artists.
Your hosts, Monica and Simone, will guide you on a culinary journey explaining each dish including both its historical origin but sometimes more importantly its cultural significance.
Your four course meal will be accompanied by a selection of traditional, locally produced wines and exceptional extra virgin olive oil.
Our Florentine Food Experience is a deep dive into local history and culture through our traditions at the table.
STEAK DINNER EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Demetra Hostaria is a small restaurant, hosting a maximum of 25 people, in the very center of Florence, nestled in behind the Bargello Gallery.
- The ambience is both rustic and eclectic at the same time creating an intimate setting, where you will be welcomed by the owners, Simone and Monica.
- Your four course meal will take you on a journey through time. Each dish on the menu has been chosen for its historical significance and will introduce you to the protagonists of Florentine Food culture such as Caterina de’ Medici and Pellegrino Artusi.
- The highlight of the experience is of course the Florentine Steak, cut three fingers thick and served sizzling from the grill.
- We will match a wine to each of your courses.
- As part of the menu, you will taste some of Tuscany’s unique food products and award winning olive oil.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Welcome aperitivo
- Authentic four course dinner with Florentine Steak
- Explanations of each dish, origins and history
- A selection of local wines specifically paired to match each course
- Water and coffee
Price: €95 adults (Infants free, 3-12 yrs €55, 13 – 17 yrs €75)
Availability: Tuesday to Saturday at 7:30pm
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
For private groups and events please email firstname.lastname@example.org